Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Luanda, Angola (December 2, 2021)
Event: On November 26, the White House announced a travel restriction for certain travelers physically present within the Republic of Botswana, the Kingdom of Eswatini, the Kingdom of Lesotho, the Republic of Malawi, the Republic of Mozambique, the Republic of Namibia, the Republic of South Africa, and the Republic of Zimbabwe due to the detection of a variant of the SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The policy does not apply to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and certain other categories of travelers. See the text of the announcement here. The new restrictions and requirements took effect on November 29.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information pages for updated information on COVID-19 related to the availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our Travel to the U.S. FAQs.