Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on Saturday, June 26, 2021. Several local groups intend to protest against the current Angolan government. Heavy traffic and police presence are expected.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Luanda, Angola
- (244) 222-641-000
- (244) 923-404-209 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs, +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Angola Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook