Location: Largo da Independencia
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place this morning, Sunday, October 27, beginning at 10 a.m. near the Largo da Independencia. Crowds of more than 300 people are expected, and police are expected to be on site to provide crowd control.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Luanda, Angola
(244) 222-641-000, (244) 222-445-481, 222-445-727, or 222-446-096.
(244) 923-404-209 and (244) 923- 640-154 (after hours)
- State Department – – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Angola Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.