Location: Throughout Angola
Event: Demonstrations against unemployment are expected to take place throughout Angola on Saturday, December 8, at 10:30 am. Planned locations include:
- Luanda: Santa Ana Cemetery (Deolinda Rodrigues Avenue)
- Bengo: Campo Municipal de Dande
- Benguela: Liceu
- Cabinda: Rotunda do Pio
- Huambo: Jardim da Cultura
- Huila: Millennium
- Kwanza Norte: Cemiterio da Kipata
- Kwanza Sul: Jardim Municipal
- Malanje: Largo Rainha Ginga
- Matala: Recinto Polivalente
- Uige: Rotunda do Songo
- Zaire: Paragem para Luanda
We encourage you to exercise caution and to monitor local media for updates. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Always exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gathering, protest, or demonstration.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Angola.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Angola, located at Rua Presidente Houari Boumedienne, 32, Luanda, Angola, at (244) 222-641-000, (244) 222-445-481, 222-445-727, or 222-446-096, The after-hours emergency numbers for U.S. citizens are (244) 923-404-209 and (244) 923- 640-154.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.