The Public Affairs Section (PAS) in Luanda provides information advising services for persons who wish to study in the United States, at undergraduate and graduate levels. Our Educational Advisor can provide assistance regarding, application, testing and entrance procedures for U.S. Universities.
Our reference library holds directories of universities and colleges offering courses, reference guides and catalogs from various universities and colleges. We can also provide entry test preparation materials and information about institutions that may offer scholarships.
The PAS educational services are available to the public Monday through Thursday from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
All those who wish to study in the United States are most welcome.
Why Study in the USA?
- Quality: Facilities, resources & faculty are considered among the best in the world: accreditation systems and strong financial base ensure high standards.
- Choice: 900 universities offer graduate study to 2.5 million graduate students including 265,000 international students.
- Flexibility: You can design your own program, and work collaboratively with other departments.
- People: Dynamic, respected and diverse.
- Personal: Leadership, independence, challenge, experience, networking relationships, communication skills, collaboration.
- Standards are high: Good grades are expected.
Services We Provide
- One-to-one advising (appointments are recommended).
- Free information, application booklets and preparation materials for the standardized examinations (TOEFL & GRE) and preparation materials for in library use only.
- Reference guides that provide information on undergraduate, graduate, short-term/non-degree opportunities available in the United States (for in library use only).
- Catalogs and brochures from American colleges and universities at the undergraduate and graduate levels (for in library use only).
- Listings and Reference books of Institutions that may offer US scholarships/assistantships.
- Free internet access for our library members.
- Tests offered at our center.
- Registration locally or online (you will need to have a valid credit card).
- Timed, full-length practice tests
- Essay-writing help
- Proven strategies
Services We Do Not Provide
The PAS educational advising center serves only as a source of information for persons wishing to study in the United States. The center does NOT:
Order college applications or catalogs for individual use;
Provide college reference or recommendation letters;
Provide scholarships or any other type of funding;
We do not offer the GMAT;
We do not offer the LSAT.
Public Affairs Section
Rua Houari Boumedienne, 32 – Miramar
Phone: 244 222 641122