The Information Resource Center (IRC) provides information to Angolans about the government, culture, people and history of the United States of America as well as information about U.S./Angolan bilateral, regional and global issues.
The IRC is open to the public and is particularly interested in assisting individuals conducting research, companies, Angolan government ministries, private institutions, non-governmental organizations, journalists, academicians and professionals whose responsibilities and interests deal with the U.S.
Please send your information request in writing by fax, letter or email, indicating your name, institutional affiliation and a clear description of the type of information you need.
The IRC is located in the Public Affairs Section and is open to the public from Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM. The IRC is closed all official United States and Angolan holidays.
The IRC has access to extensive reference materials about the United States including:
- Subscriptions to on-line databases with information about all facets of the United States.
- Specialized access to Internet library research portals.
- CD-ROMs with libraries full of information searchable electronically.
- Reference books with a focus on information about the U.S.
- U.S. Government archives and official information.
The IRC provides information on topical issues such as:
Democracy in Africa
African American History
NGO’s and Civil Society