A major part of our work involves assisting U.S. exporters in marketing their products in this region. Yet, equally important are our humanitarian assistance programs and capacity building programs. FAS has various tools at its disposal to help achieve these goals.
- Coordinating scientific and technical training for agriculturalists in Southern Africa
- Facilitating business relations between Southern African buyers and U.S. exporters of U.S. agricultural, seafood, and forest products
- Promoting food safety and security through capacity building programs and regional food aid assistance
- Advocating agricultural trade policy concerns in order to reduce barriers to trade
- Monitoring and analyzing Southern African agriculture
- Promoting two-way trade in agricultural, seafood, forest products between the United States and Southern Africa