Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Luanda, Angola (February 14, 2020)
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of pneumonia first identified in Wuhan, China, caused by a novel (new) coronavirus.
Visitors to Angola will undergo a health screening upon arrival at the airport or other ports of entry and will be subject to additional screening and potential quarantine if they have recently traveled to China. Officials have stated anyone traveling in China since the start of the outbreak will be quarantined.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care right away, if you traveled to Wuhan and feel sick or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- U.S. Embassy Luanda, Angola
- (244) 222-641-000, (244) 222-445-481, 222-445-727, or 222-446-096.
- (244) 923-404-209 and (244) 923- 640-154 (after hours)
- State Department – – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Angola Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.