Event: The Angolan Ministry of Health has confirmed two cases of COVID-19 in Luanda.
The government of Angola has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Schools and universities are closed until further notice, and sporting events, festivals, and gatherings larger than 50 people have been banned. All borders have been closed. Visit the local government Ministry of Health website for updated information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Travel Notice for Angola.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Angola.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Luanda, Angola
Rua Houari Boumedienne #32
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444