- Country-Specific Information:
- The Angolan Ministry of Health has confirmed three cases of COVID-19 in Luanda. All three individuals are currently in quarantine.
- Entry and Exit Requirements:
- The Government of Angola cancelled all international flights effective March 20, 2020. We are compiling a list of persons seeking to leave Angola. If you would be interested in options to leave, please send the following information for each member of your group to our email address: email@example.com.
- Your full name as spelled in your passport
- Current phone number and WhatsApp number
- Email address
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Passport number, date of issuance, date of expiration. If not a U.S. passport, please note country of issuance.
- Current location (city, country, hotel name if not in residence)
- Health condition and special considerations
- Number of U.S. citizens in your party. Please note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members seeking to travel with you.
- Angola visa status (i.e. valid until MM/DD/YYYY)
- Employer or affiliation within Angola
You will receive a response if and when travel options become available. If you are located outside the city of Luanda, you should explore all options to get to Luanda in the event an international travel option becomes available.
- On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
- Quarantine Information:
- The Government of Angola has set up two quarantine sites just outside of the capital city of Luanda. Prior to the suspension of air travel on March 20, 2020, any person of any nationality who arrived in Angola with symptoms or who had traveled to China, South Korea, Iran, Italy, Portugal, Spain, or France since the start of the outbreak was not allowed to enter the country before a mandatory 14-day quarantine period has passed. Travelers who did not wish to undergo quarantine were given the option to leave Angola and travel to their home country or to a country of their choice.
- Local Resources:
Rua Houari Boumedienne #32
(244) 222-641-000, (244) 222-445-481, 222-445-727, or 222-446-096.
(244) 923-404-209 and (244) 923- 640-154 (after hours)