Location: Luanda – Starting in Largo das Escolas and ending in Cidadela Desportiva.
Event: March to highlight the sexual violence against minors, Saturday March 4, 2023 at 7:00.
The march is expected to be nonviolent. Plan for blocked streets and higher than normal traffic in that area.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive jewelry or watches.
- Make contingency plans to leave.
- Review your personal security plans.
U.S. Embassy Luanda, Angola
+ (244) 222-64-1000
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.