The U.S. Embassy in Luanda informs U.S. citizens that Angola will hold general elections on Wednesday, August 23.
U.S. citizens are advised to maintain a high level of vigilance and to take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness during the election period. Keep in mind that demonstrations that are meant to be peaceful can become confrontational without warning. You should avoid them. Be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to local news media reporting.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Angola.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Angola, located at Rua Presidente Houari Boumedienne, 32, Luanda, Angola, at (244) 222-641-000, (244) 222-445-481, 222-445-727, or 222-446-096, After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (244) 923-404-209 or (244) 923- 640-154.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.