Location: Angola (countrywide)
Event: The Angolan Ministry of Health has confirmed 4 cases of COVID-19 in Angola.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. We recognize this has been a challenging period for many of our fellow Americans, particularly those of you seeking to depart Angola as commercial flights have been cancelled or suspended.
The U.S. Embassy in Luanda is actively pursuing options to return U.S. citizens from Angola to the United States. If flights become available, it will be with very little advance notice. It is possible that you would be notified of space on a flight the day before or the same day of the flight. As such, we are asking you to let us know now if you are interested in such a flight. Please fill out this repatriation form immediately for each individual who would be interested in a repatriation flight. If you have already filled out this form, there is no need to fill it out again.
If you complete the above form, we will contact you immediately when a repatriation flight with available seats is scheduled and provide you with logistical information, including its cost per seat. It is important to note that these seats are traditionally offered on a first-come, first-serve basis to U.S. citizens and, space permitting, for qualifying non-citizen dependents. Private U.S. citizens seeking to depart are required to sign a promissory note and will be billed at a later date for the cost of the flight.
Interested parties should verify that their passports and other documentation are current and valid for at least six months from today’s date. For emergency American Citizen Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information at https://ao.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Angola.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Luanda, Angola
- (244) 222 641 000. After business hours of when the Embassy is closed, call Post One at (244) 222 641 112 to be connected with the Duty Officer.
- State Department – – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Angola Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.