Season’s Greetings from U.S. Embassy Luanda!
The latest issue of our quarterly U.S. Citizen Newsletter, The AmCit, is now up on our website. This edition provides lots of helpful information on opportunities to pursue higher education in the United States, including a range of key resources for prospective international students.
The beginning of the new year is a good time to ensure that all members of your family residing overseas are registered with the U.S. Embassy through the STEP program, and that your stateside family and friends have contact information for you and for the U.S. Embassy – take this opportunity to forward them the addresses and numbers listed below!
Lastly, we want to assure you that during the partial federal government shutdown, routine and emergency services for U.S. citizens abroad are continuing unchanged.
Consular Luanda wishes you all the best in 2019!
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Angola.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Angola, located at Rua Presidente Houari Boumedienne, 32, Luanda, Angola, at (244) 222-641-000, (244) 222-445-481, 222-445-727, or 222-446-096. The after-hours emergency numbers for U.S. citizens are (244) 923-404-209 and (244) 923- 640-154.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.