Location: All regions of Angola
Event: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 travel notice for travelers to Angola due to a polio outbreak. The notice can be read on the CDC’s website: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/alert/polio-angola.
Actions to Take:
- All travelers to Angola should be vaccinated fully against polio.
- Adults who completed their routine polio vaccine series as children should receive a single, lifetime adult booster dose of polio vaccine.
- Visit the CDC Travelers Health Page for travelers to Angola to learn more.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Angola.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Angola, located at Rua Presidente Houari Boumedienne, 32, Luanda, Angola, at (244) 222-641-000, (244) 222-445-481, 222-445-727, or 222-446-096, The after-hours emergency numbers for U.S. citizens are (244) 923-404-209 and (244) 923- 640-154.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.