To request an expedited appointment, first schedule a regular appointment on the closest available date. Then, sign-in to your account, click “Continue”, select “Request Expedite” and follow the instructions. The Consular Section assesses expedite requests in accordance with the below guidelines. Final determination of whether to approve a request is at the Consular Section’s discretion.
Circumstances considered for expedited appointments may include:
- a) An immediate relative’s death, grave illness, or life-threatening accident in the United States.
- b) Urgent medical treatment for the applicant or their minor child.
- c) An applicant for a student or exchange visitor (F/M/J) visa whose I-20 or DS-2019 has a start date that is earlier than the first visa appointment.
- d) An unexpected need to travel to the United States for urgent business purposes that is occurring within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
- e) An unexpected visit that is of significant cultural, political, journalistic, sporting or economic importance that is occurring within 10 days after the first available visa appointment.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to justify their request at the time the request is made. Additional requests via email/phone to the Consular Section will not be considered.